Virginia Beach, VA
The Clinician will provide evidence-based treatment to veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families in adherence to CVN’s clinical model. The Clinician will have training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and should be skilled at offering treatment in a measurement-based, time-limited treatment environment. The Clinician must have a background and training in utilizing evidence-based interventions in the assessment and treatment of mood disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and adjustment disorders. Qualified candidates will be proficient in providing individual, couples, and family therapy, with an emphasis on delivering evidence-based care. Certification or documented proficiency in one or more in one or more of the following evidence-based practices is required at time of hire or within a year of employment: PE, CBT, and CPT. The Clinician will be a full-time employee and report directly to the Lead Clinician.
- Provide evidence-based treatment and assessment for veterans and their families.
- Perform and document patients’ screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information.
- Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members as needed.
- Provide individual, couples, and family psychotherapy to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the caregiver, physician, director, case manager, and all other disciplinary workers to provide the best care to patients as needed.
- Attend weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings.
- Provide services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service in all activities by placing the child, family, veteran, or client first.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means.
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, supportive services personnel, funders, and the general public.
- Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to adapt to change. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to negotiate veterans or their family members down from stressful situations, potential threatening behaviors.
- Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions.
- Interest, desire, and passion for providing high quality evidence-based, time-limited care.
A Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Psychology (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program. Shall have completed an APA accredited internship/residency in professional psychology; or a Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); or a Master’s degree in counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); or a Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and licensed to practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
- A minimum of three years’ experience.
- Experience working with adults, children, couples, and families is required.
- Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses is required.
- Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment is required.
- Certification or documented proficiency in one or more of the following EBPs is required: PE, CBT and/or CPT.
- Experience working with military populations and/or Veterans is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail
- Have and maintain a current license to practice psychology, social work, counseling and/or marriage and family
- Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice and possess a valid driver’s
- Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency as the business need dictates. Must be available and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as required to meet business needs. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Employee should expect to work two evenings a week and some weekend days during the month to accommodate the schedules of the clients being served in addition to regularly scheduled
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel; PowerPoint and Access a
- Strong math
- Knowledge of clinical services and community
- Must meet background check requirements.
- Must have an and maintain a working cell phone.
The Up Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, military, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 /year
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- LCSW (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules