Virginia Beach, VA
Position: Clinician for The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at The Up Center
Date: July 18, 2019
Revised: January 31, 2021
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Clinician will provide targeted, evidence-based treatment to veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families in adherence to CVN’s clinical model. The Clinician will have training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and should be skilled at offering targeted treatment in a measurement-based, time-limited treatment environment. The Clinician must have a background and training in utilizing evidence-based interventions in the assessment and treatment of mood disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and adjustment disorders. Qualified candidates will be proficient in providing individual and couples therapy to adults, with an emphasis on delivering evidence-based care. Certification or documented proficiency in one or more in one or more of the following evidence-based practices is required at time of hire or within a year of employment: Prolonged Exposure, CBT, and Cognitive Processing Therapy. The Clinician will be a full-time employee and report directly to the Lead Clinician.
- Provide evidence-based treatment and assessment for veterans and their family members with an emphasis in treating adults and couples.
- Perform and document client screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information.
- Conduct clinical intake assessments with veterans and family members.
- Provide individual, couples, and group therapy to adults with varying mood disorders, anxiety disorders, PTSD and adjustment disorders.
- Collaborate and coordinate care with caregivers, physicians, case managers, and all other multi-disciplinary workers to provide the best care to clients as indicated.
- Participate in weekly clinical supervision and administrative meetings.
- Provide services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrate exceptional trauma-informed, client-centered approach in the provision of all clinical activities.
- Display interest, desire, and passion for providing high-quality, evidence-based, time-limited and targeted care.
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, supportive services personnel, funders, and the general public.
- Demonstrate ability to remain calm and maintain self-control during difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a new and fast-paced clinic environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral and written means.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of treatment recommendations.
- Set work priorities and evaluate and create solutions to work-related problems.
- Negotiate veterans or their family members down from stressful, potentially threatening situations.
- Ability to guide clients to make appropriate life decisions.
A Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); or a Master’s degree in counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); or a Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and licensed to practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT); or a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Psychology (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program.
- Must possess a current license from appropriate Virginia State Board.
- Minimum of three years’ experience.
- Experience working with adults and couples is required.
- Knowledge in DSM-V diagnoses and treatment of mood disorders, anxiety disorders, PTSD, and adjustment disorders is required.
- Certification or documented proficiency in one or more of the following EBPs is required: PE, CBT and/or CPT.
- Experience working with military populations and/or Veterans is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available and willing to work 1 late night a week as required to meet business needs.
- Must have proficient computer skills and command of Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet background check requirements.
- Must have and maintain a working cell phone.
The Up Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, military, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $33.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Master’s (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click HERE to Apply Now!