SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Provides support to the Cohen Clinic as the first contact for services. The Intake Coordinator will conduct phone and face to face screenings and intakes on-site and off-site for veterans and their families. The Intake Coordinator will work with a multi-disciplinary team for case assignments, consultations and care coordination.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Masters’ Degree from a school accredited by a recognized accrediting agency. Requires knowledge of an advanced type.
- Other (Specify): Master’s Degree in Social Services field. Active Hawaii State licensure in Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Over two years, up to and including four years.
- Other (Specify): 3+ years post master’s intake coordination and/or case management preferred. Experience working with Veteran and Military population highly preferred.Bilingual candidates are highly preferred.Experience in counseling, case management and other related social services.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of individuals. Ability to make oral presentations and write clear detailed case notes. Ability to present a professional and positive demeanor to staff, funders, officials and the general public.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control during difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to represent the agency and respond with tact & professionalism in all situations. Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of treatment options and recommendations. Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to think analytically and conceptually on a long-term basis. Ability to diffuse and navigate participants through stressful situations and potential threatening behaviors. Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook. 45 WPM, 95% accuracy.
- Knowledge of mental illness and mental health diagnoses. Knowledge of various treatment modalities and methods. Knowledge of community resources.
- Experience with military and veteran mental health communities. This can be a clinical or non-clinical person, providing they are mature enough to administer the GAD and PHQ-9, etc.
- Experience with adult treatment targeted interventions and focused treatment plans treating PTSD and mood disorders) Substance abuse.
- Experience in the Department of Veterans Affairs or Department of Defense Clinical training in military-or veteran-specific academic graduate program.
- Experience with other evidence-based treatments and EBPs.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- This job requires a valid Hawaii driver’s license, a clear driver’s abstract, and willingness to travel in personal vehicle on an as-needed basis throughout the island.
- This job requires a valid Hawaii driver’s license, a clear driver’s abstract, and use of personal vehicle to transport participants, as needed, as well as a willingness to travel in personal vehicle on an as-needed basis throughout the island.
- This position is subject to a criminal background investigation and continued employment is contingent on a record clear of convictions.
Click HERE to Apply Now!