Virginia Beach, VA
The Intake Coordinator provides support to the Cohen Clinic as the first contact for services. He/She will manage all intake calls and appointments, administer appropriate paperwork and psychometric screeners, and will schedule with appropriate clinical staff for biopsychosocial assessments. He/She will conduct phone and face to face screenings and intakes on-site and off-site for veterans and their families. The Intake Coordinator will work with a multi-disciplinary team for case assignments, consultations and care coordination.
The Intake Coordinator must have strong organizational skills and good attention to detail, as well as good communication skills and an ability to work with multiple external partners. He/she must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-focused, results-driven and community oriented. He/she should possess both the ability to work with and train teammates, and sufficient self-direction to manage execution of projects individually.
- Conduct initial intakes with veterans and /or family member. Coordinate case assignment with Cohen Clinic multi-disciplinary team. Document detailed intakes on the electronic health records (EHR) system; maintain comprehensive client referral tracking system. Prepare reports as requested by Clinic Director and Outreach Manager.
- Provide services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Meet regularly with Outreach Manager and Lead Clinician to coordinate case assignments, client activities at satellite locations, report referral to admission conversion rate; Provide on-going program evaluation and recommendations to the Outreach Manager and Clinic Director for continuous growth and quality.
- Be active in and network with veteran community groups. Provide presentations at various community groups within the greater metropolitan and surrounding area. Promote the success and reputation of the Cohen Clinic and its programs.
- Knowledge of local community resources and provide warm hand-offs for veterans and families needing external referrals.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of individuals. Ability to make oral presentations and write clear detailed case notes. Ability to present a professional and positive demeanor to staff, funders, officials and the general public.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to represent the agency and respond professionally in all situations.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of treatment options and recommendations. Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems. Ability to think analytically and conceptually on a long-term basis.
- Ability to negotiate clients down from stressful situations, potential threatening behaviors. Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions.
- Master’s Degree in Social Services field. LCSW or LPC eligible. Maintain license and/or certifications as required by state regulations. Stay current in the field of mental health, counseling, case management and other related social services.
- 3+ years post master’s intake coordination and/or case management preferred. Experience working with Veteran and Military population highly preferred. Bilingual candidates are highly preferred.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer’s sole discretion.
- Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice.
- Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency to conduct screenings and intakes at designated satellite locations. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook. 45 WPM, 95% accuracy.
- Knowledge of mental illness and mental health diagnoses. Knowledge of various treatment modalities and methods. Knowledge of community resources.
- Experience working with or connection to military/veteran population is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet background check
- Must have and maintain a working cell phone
The Up Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, military, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- Case Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules