The Intake Coordinator is the point of contact for potential clients for the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic. This position is responsible for managing and executing referral screening with potential clients both telephonically and in-person, with focus being on post 9/11 veterans and their families in the community. The Intake Coordinator will additionally administer and complete appropriate initial paperwork, psychometric screeners, and health record documentation to support clinical staff for ongoing treatment of the client. The intake coordinator will work with a multi-disciplinary team of clinic staff for case assignments, consultations and care coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct telephonic triage and referral screeners with Veterans and/or their family members.
- Complete a thorough risk assessment and safety plan with potential clients reporting risk.
- Document detailed intakes in the electronic health records (EHR) system; maintain comprehensive client referral tracking system; prepare reports as requested by the Lead Clinician and/or Clinic Director.
- Meet regularly with the Lead Clinician, Clinic Director and clinic multi-disciplinary team to coordinate case assignments and report referral-to-admission conversion rates, screener completion rates, etc.
- Provide ongoing program evaluation for continuous growth and quality improvement efforts.
- Refer, as appropriate, to local community resources and provide warm hand-offs for Veterans and families needing external referrals.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Master’s degree in Social Service field required.
- 3+ years post-Masters intake coordination and/or case management preferred.
- Military background or prior experience in serving the military community and/or veteran administrative organizations preferred.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outgoing, pleasant, professional manner that clearly represents the mission and goals of the Military Family Clinic at Centerstone.
- Driver’s license with clear record required. Must have daily use of a vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means.
- Ability to present a professional and positive demeanor to clients, staff, and the general public.
- Capacity to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Publisher, Access and PowerPoint preferred.
- Capability to work independently, manage work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to think analytically and make appropriate treatment recommendations.
- Skill in negotiating clients down from stressful situations and maintain composure during potential crisis situations.
- Proficiency around risk assessment and safety planning.
- Ability to assist clients in navigating treatment options. Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of mental illness and mental health diagnoses required.
- Knowledge of various treatment modalities and methods preferred.
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Delivering Care that Changes People’s Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
- Health & Wellness
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Wellness Programs – Company Paid
- Financial Wellbeing
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance – Company Paid
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
- Retirement and Financial Planning Services
- Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
- Career Development and Growth
- At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
- Opportunities for growth and movement – We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
- Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Time Off – Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
- Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program – assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Click HERE to Apply Now!