Who is Child and Family Service
Child & Family Service is a family-centered, full-service nonprofit that has been at work in the community since 1899 and is dedicated to “Strengthening families and fostering the healthy development of children”. Through nearly 50 programs that welcome everyone from keiki to kupuna across the Islands, we help Hawai’i families address some of life’s most serious situations including poverty, abuse, and neglect.
We value Integrity, Quality Client Service, Employee Excellence, Teamwork and Communication.
We offer an extensive array of benefits for our employees. Some of the benefits we offer are: Paid Time Off, 14 Paid Holidays in a Year (15 in an Election Year), Birthday Time Off, Preventative Health Care and Volunteer Time Off, Medical/Dental/Vision/RX plans, Opt-Out Benefit, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Tuition Reimbursement, Staff Recognition and more!
Come join Child & Family Service and help us serve thousands in our communities!
The Clinician will provide evidence-based treatment to veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The Clinician will have training Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and should be skilled at offering treatment in a measurement-based, time-limited treatment environment. Clinician must have background and training in utilizing evidence-based interventions in the assessment and treatment of mood disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and adjustment disorders. Qualified candidates will be proficient in providing individual, couples, and family therapy, with an emphasis on delivering evidence-based care. Certification or documented proficiency in one or more in one or more of the following EBPs: PE, CBT and CPT is required at time of hire or within a year of employment.
Education and Training Requirements:
Masters’ Degree from a school accredited by a recognized accrediting agency. Requires knowledge of an advanced type.
Other-Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); or a Master’s degree in counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); or a Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and licensed to practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
A minimum of 3 years’ experience. Experience working with adults, children, couples, and families is required; Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses is required; Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment is required; Certification or documented proficiency in one or more of the following EBPs: PE, CBT and CPT is required. Experience working with military populations and/or Veterans is strongly preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency as the business need dictates. Must be available and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as required to meet business needs. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Employee should expect to work two evenings a week and some weekend days during the month to accommodate the schedules of the participants being served in addition to regularly scheduled hours. Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel; PowerPoint and Access a plus. Strong math skills. Knowledge of clinical services and community resources.
Other Position Requirements:
- This job requires a valid Hawaii driver’s license, a clear driver’s abstract, and willingness to travel in personal vehicle on an as-needed basis throughout the island.
- Verification of licensure/certification will be required at time of appointment/hire, and continued employment is contingent on maintaining licensure/certification.
- This position is subject to a criminal background investigation and continued employment is contingent on a record clear of convictions.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent on successful completion of CPR, CPI and/or van driving training as such training is necessary to ensure ability/continued ability to perform essential functions of this job.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent on successful completion of CPI classes OR other Behavioral Management certification as may be contract-mandated.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent on successful completion of First Aid classes.
Click HERE to Apply!