With a multidisciplinary team of licensed clinicians, case managers, and veteran outreach workers, the clinic offers high-quality, evidence-based, and personalized outpatient mental health treatment tailored to meet the specific needs of veterans, particularly those from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The Cohen Clinic is part of the Cohen Veterans Network, a national nonprofit (501c3) network of clinics.
Under the general direction of the Office Manager, the Office Coordinator is responsible for registering and scheduling patients in the appropriate IT system, organizing daily patient schedules, triaging incoming patient reports to appropriate locations, answering phones, obtaining and documenting insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications and facilitating administrative needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the main switchboard at the Cohen Clinic by answering incoming calls, routing calls to appropriate staff members, etc.
- Serves as one of the main receptionists for the Cohen Clinic, greeting and appropriately directing Cohen visitors, clients and staff.
- Copies photo identification and any insurance information for client file.
- Serves as primary back-up for Cohen Clinic staff in taking and distributing messages as needed.
- Reports problems with the telephone system to appropriate staff and coordinates with service personnel as needed to correct problems.
- Maintains current information on all clinic services and other community services to assist consumers, staff, and the general public in accessing the Cohen Clinic and other community services.
- Serves as general back-up to administrative staff performing tasks such as faxing, preparing documentation for distribution internally or external mail out, copying, and meeting preparation.
- Serves as primary mail clerk for the clinic in the sorting and distribution of incoming mail, posting of outgoing mail, and daily mail pick-up and drop-off.
- Aids in retrieving, sorting, and distributing faxes to appropriate staff.
- Participates, along with office manager in the managed care billing process responsibilities including discussion of insurance co-payment.
- Maintains a daily log of accounts receivable checks and consumer checks, mailed to the Cohen Clinic.
- Presents a professional image, maintaining a calm, professional manner knowing that some callers are consumers or family members and may be agitated, stressed, or present a difficult communication situation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good verbal communication skills, poise and ability to handle high volume telephone duty.
- Typing, filing, and general office skills required.
- PC literate with knowledge of MS software. Intermediate level on MS Excel, Email and word processing programs. Ability to utilize Internet for resources.
- Willingness to learn new functions.
- Prior experience within the military community and/or veteran administrative organizations.
- Strong consultative abilities, conflict-resolution skills, and leadership abilities.
- Able to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, excellent communication and presentation skills.
Delivering Care that Changes People’s Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
- Health & Wellness
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Wellness Programs – Company Paid
- Financial Wellbeing
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance – Company Paid
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
- Retirement and Financial Planning Services
- Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
- Career Development and Growth
- At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
- Opportunities for growth and movement – We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
- Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Time Off – Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
- Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program – assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Click HERE to Apply Now!