San Diego, CA
We we are looking to for a customer service driven, detail oriented, Office Coordinator. Under the general direction of the Business Office Manager, the Office Coordinator is responsible for registering and scheduling patients in the appropriate IT system, organizing daily patient schedules, triaging incoming patient reports to appropriate locations, answering phones, preparation of billing information for billing services, obtaining and documenting insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications and facilitating physician and patient administrative needs.
If you are a compassionate, results oriented leader, this is the position for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate the main switchboard at the Cohen Clinic by routing calls, assisting with outgoing calls long distance calls, etc.
- Serves as the main Office Coordinator for the Cohen Clinic, greeting and appropriately directing visitors and staff.
- Greet clients, copy photo identification and any insurance information for client file.
- Serves as primary back-up for Cohen Clinic staff in taking and distributing messages as needed.
- Reports problems with the telephone system to appropriate staff and coordinates with service personnel as needed to correct problems.
- Maintains current information on all clinic services and other community services to assist consumers, staff, and the general public in accessing the Cohen Clinic and other community services.
- Serves as general back-up to administrative support staff performing tasks such as faxing, preparing documentation for distribution internally or external mail out, copying, and meeting preparation.
- To properly direct calls to other locations/units/agencies.
- Cross-training support staff on switchboard coverage and mail operations.
- Serves as primary mail clerk for the clinic in the sorting and distribution of incoming mail, posting of outgoing mail, and daily mail pick-up and drop-off.
- Fax attendant, including retrieving, sorting, and distributing faxes to appropriate staff.
- Good verbal communication skills, poise and ability to handle high volume telephone duty.
- Typing, filing, and general office skills.
- PC literate with knowledge of MS software.
- Willingness to learn new functions.
- Prior experience within the military community and/or veteran administrative organizations.
- Strong consultative abilities, conflict-resolution skills, and leadership abilities.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including diverse interest groups including advocacy groups and other governmental organizations.
- Intermediate level on MS Excel, Email and word processing programs.
- Ability to utilize Internet for resources.
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Ability to work in a noisy, busy environment
Job Benefits VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation, paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental, and vision plans. The Fine Print
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2years.
Click HERE to Apply Now!