Summary of Job:
The clinician will provide treatment to Veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The clinician will have training and experience in trauma and Post Traumatic Stress and will be proficient in providing individual, couples, and family therapy, with an emphasis on delivering evidence-based care. Certification or documented proficiency in one or more in one or more of the following Evidenced Based Practices is required: Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Cognitive Processing Therapy is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides direct services including treatment for Veterans and their families.
Performs and documents patient’s screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information.
Conducts clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members as needed.
Provides individual, couples, and family psychotherapy to clients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments.
Collaborates and coordinates with the caregiver, physician, clinic director, case management and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients as needed.
Attend weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings.
- Master’s degree in social work and ability to obtain and maintain license to independently practice as an LCSW, LPC- MHSP, or Psychologist in Tennessee.
- Ability to be a TRICARE certified mental health counselor (TCMHC) is required
- 3+ years’ clinical experience in behavioral healthcare.
- Experience working with adults, children, couples, and families is required.
- Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses is required.
- Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment is required.
- Certification or documented proficiency in one or more of the following Evidenced Based Practices is preferred: Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Cognitive Processing Therapy.
- Experience across a range of modalities beyond individual adult treatment to include child, couples, and family treatment is preferred.
- Experience working with a military or veteran population to include cultural competence is preferred.
- Experience treating and diagnosing depression, anxiety, bereavement, relationship/family issues, and substance use disorders is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Clinical skill is required for conducting brief and targeted assessments to provide psychotherapy interventions, health and behavior change, substance use treatment, and triage for appropriate level of care.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain a well-organized work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Strong consultative abilities and conflict-resolution skills.
Click HERE to Apply Now!