The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Department of Family Medicine provides primary health care, educates medical and psychology students and graduates, conducts research and engages with communities. This position will provide therapeutic evaluation and treatment of patients with behavioral, emotional and mental disorders at the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The clinic is located in the Denver Tech Center (South Denver).
Appointed in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Colorado, this faculty position will provide therapeutic evaluation and treatment of patients with behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders for the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
Position duties include providing clinical care, teaching and supervision of behavioral health trainees, working with interdisciplinary teams to ensure coordinated care, providing case management as needed, and participating in quality improvement initiatives and research projects.
- Assess, diagnose and treat behavioral, mental or emotional conditions.
- Facilitate group visits.
- Design and implement health promotion/disease prevention interventions.
- Provide case management services as needed.
Teaching and Supervision
- Supervise behavioral health trainees.
- Support community partnerships by providing educational talks and training sessions.
- Facilitate referrals for more significant mental health conditions and/or when medication is recommended.
- Participate in quality improvement and practice transformation initiatives, workflow modification, and the identification and deployment of new efficiencies.
- Provide team-based care with multidisciplinary teams.
- Maintains eligibility for School of Medicine Faculty.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in the field, both academically and through applied skill.
- May participate in clinical research projects (but not required to be a clinician-researcher unless pursuing traditional promotion path).
- Attends and presents at conferences, meetings and trainings in order to maintain certification and enhance professional skills; participates in faculty development activities.
- Accepts other responsibilities specifically assigned by the Executive Director.
- Master’s in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or Nursing (or related degree), Doctoral degree in Psychology or Counseling (PhD or PsyD).
- Current Colorado license or license by hire date.
- 2+ years’ experience providing psychotherapy as an independently licensed clinician.
- Experience working with Veteran and Military communities to include appropriate cultural competence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Clinical skill is required for conducting brief and targeted assessments to provide psychotherapy interventions, health and behavior change, substance use treatment, and triage for appropriate level of care.
- Demonstrated skill in supervision of clinical staff and trainees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Experience training and developing staff.
- Experience with integrated team-based care.
- Expertise in motivational interviewing, and evidence-based psychotherapies.
- Experience across a range of modalities beyond individual adult treatment to include children, couples, and families.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Should the candidate’s experience warrant a different rank, the position may be filled at the Senior Instructor level. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s) Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 16737
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV, Unofficial Transcript(s)
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process.
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Department: U0001 — DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS – 20148 – SOM-FM GENERAL OPERATIONS
: Jul 3, 2019
Posting Contact Name: Deanna Schroder
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00764608