Who is Child and Family Service
Child & Family Service is a family-centered, full-service nonprofit that has been at work in the community since 1899 and is dedicated to “Strengthening families and fostering the healthy development of children”. Through nearly 50 programs that welcome everyone from keiki to kupuna across the Islands, we help Hawai’i families address some of life’s most serious situations including poverty, abuse, and neglect.
We value Integrity, Quality Client Service, Employee Excellence, Teamwork and Communication.
We offer an extensive array of benefits for our employees. Some of the benefits we offer are: Paid Time Off, 14 Paid Holidays in a Year (15 in an Election Year), Birthday Time Off, Preventative Health Care and Volunteer Time Off, Medical/Dental/Vision/RX plans, Opt-Out Benefit, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Tuition Reimbursement, Staff Recognition and more!
Come join Child & Family Service and help us serve thousands in our communities!
With a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, licensed chemical dependency counselor, case managers, and veteran outreach workers, the clinic offers high-quality, evidence-based, and personalized outpatient mental health treatment tailored to meet the specific needs of veterans, particularly those from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The Cohen Clinic is part of the Cohen Veterans Network, a national nonprofit (501c3) network of clinics. The Office Manager will be a key member of the Cohen Clinic. He/she will report to the Clinic Director and oversee clinic and financial operations. As such, we seek a detail-oriented, organized and analytical leader who will excel at the duties and responsibilities outlined below.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
Four-Year College Degree from a school accredited by a recognized accrediting agency – general major. Requires basic knowledge or training in a specialized or technical field or trade, such as social work, professional accounting, finance, business administration, and marketing.
- Over six years
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with 3rd-party payers, coding, billing, posting, and adjudication of claims. At least 3 years of experience collecting, analyzing and reporting financial data.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated knowledge about the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act
- Excellent customer service; must been able to work independently or as part of a team, anticipate problems and generate solutions and demonstrate flexibility and sensitivity when engaging with staff and clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- This job requires a valid Hawaii driver’s license, a clear driver’s abstract, and willingness to travel in personal vehicle on an as-needed basis throughout the island.
- This position is subject to a criminal background investigation and continued employment is contingent on a record clear of convictions
- Continued employment in this position is contingent on successful completion of CPR, CPI and/or van driving training as such training is necessary to ensure ability/continued ability to perform essential functions of this job.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent on successful completion of CPI classes OR other Behavioral Management certification as may be contract-mandated.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent on successful completion of First Aid classes
Click HERE to Apply!