Who is Child and Family Service
Child & Family Service is a family-centered, full-service nonprofit that has been at work in the community since 1899 and is dedicated to “Strengthening families and fostering the healthy development of children”. Through nearly 50 programs that welcome everyone from keiki to kupuna across the Islands, we help Hawai’i families address some of life’s most serious situations including poverty, abuse, and neglect.
We value Integrity, Quality Client Service, Employee Excellence, Teamwork and Communication.
We offer an extensive array of benefits for our employees. Some of the benefits we offer are: Paid Time Off, 14 Paid Holidays in a Year (15 in an Election Year), Birthday Time Off, Preventative Health Care and Volunteer Time Off, Medical/Dental/Vision/RX plans, Opt-Out Benefit, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Tuition Reimbursement, Staff Recognition and more!
Come join Child & Family Service and help us serve thousands in our communities!
The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for referral of clients to the Cohen Clinic through outreach to community partners including veteran-service organizations, military service organizations, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, law enforcement, educational institutions, the faith-based community and other local partners. The Outreach Coordinator will also participate in peer-to-peer communication, presentations, and other outreach engagements as needed. Recruitment will focus on reaching veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan wars and their family members.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
Four-Year College Degree from a school accredited by a recognized accrediting agency – general major. Requires basic knowledge or training in a specialized or technical field or trade, such as social work, professional accounting, finance, business administration, and marketing.
Over two years, up to and including four years.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 2-3 years in outreach and marketing activities. Significant military experience. Prior experience in mental health outreach within community and/or veteran organizations is preferred. Marketing experience is highly desirable. Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Outgoing, pleasant, professional manner; the ability to create and maintain contacts in the community; and clear articulation in providing informative presentations about the Cohen Clinic. Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer’s sole discretion.
- Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency to conduct screenings and intakes at designated satellite locations. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher, Access; PowerPoint a plus. 70 WPM, 98% accuracy. Strong math skills, 10 key by touch, proof reading skills. Knowledge of outreach and marketing strategies.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- This job requires a valid Hawaii driver’s license, a clear driver’s abstract, and willingness to travel in personal vehicle on an as-needed basis throughout the island.
- This position is subject to a criminal background investigation and continued employment is contingent on a record clear of convictions.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent on successful completion of CPR, CPI and/or van driving training as such training is necessary to ensure ability/continued ability to perform essential functions of this job.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent on successful completion of CPI classes OR other Behavioral Management certification as may be contract-mandated.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent on successful completion of First Aid classes.
Click HERE to Apply!