This April in honor of the Month of the Military Child, Cohen Veterans Network is celebrating military children from coast to coast and beyond with #MyMilitaryKid stories, events, and resources….and you’re invited to join in on the festivities. The initiative is in support of their unique experiences, and in celebration of their contributions.
Since April 2016, we have provided high-quality, accessible mental health services to more than 23,000 individuals, including children. CVN treats the entire military family with non-veterans making up 48% of clients. Children comprise 14% of that group. Care is available to military families through our national network of 19 Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinics.
So, how can military families and supporters participate in on #MyMilitaryKid? Opportunities throughout April, include:
- #MyMilitaryKid Stories– Show your support with Month of the Military Child themed social media filters. Share stories of resilience, strength and inspiration related to the military children in your life using #MyMilitaryKid.
- #MyMilitaryKid Events – Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinics across the country are hosting a number of free, family-friendly events open to all military families such as:
- We Heart Our Mil – A drive thru celebration filled with food, entertainment and giveaways hosted by The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at VVSD in San Diego, CA.
- MilFam Virtual Improv – A fun, interactive virtual improv class fit for the whole family hosted by The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at The Up Center in Virginia Beach, VA.
- The Original You: Thriving, Not Surviving – A webinar for military teens focused on mindfulness by The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Alaska Behavioral Health in Anchorage, AK.
- #MyMilitaryKid Resources – We have partnered with Sesame Workshop to develop a Children’s Programming section on our website as part of the live and on-demand virtual hub CVN Presents. The hub features Sesame Street for Military Families resources including downloadable activity sheets and videos starring the Sesame Street We have additionally developed a list of community partner organizations that provide essential support for military families on everything from education to summer camp.
To join in on #MyMilitaryKid on social media, register for an event, or access useful resources, check out cohenveteransnetwork.org/mymilitarykid.
By: Kate Sullivan
Manager, CVN Newsroom & Clinic Communications